Milan Women’s Fashion Week will open with the inauguration of the Fashion Hub which will be hosted, for the first time, at La Permanente. During the evening the “China, we are with you” campaign will be presented, created by the National Chamber of Italian Fashion with the aim of building a bridge between the two countries, bringing Milan Fashion Week to China, through live streaming and special content, to give a signal of closeness and positivity to the Asian country in this moment of great difficulty.
The Fashion Hub will also host:
– the tenth edition of the Fashion Hub Market which will feature 5 emerging brands: GENTILE CATONE; DELIRIOUS; SALVATORE VIGNOLA; Apnea; GIUSEPPE BUCCINNÀ.
– Sino-Italian Fashion Town by Chic Group will give 8 emerging Chinese brands – XUN RUO, LEAF XIA, HAN WEN, PINHUI ZHAO, EMMA SWEET, ZIJUE, DOT MINUTE and SHENGYI LIU – the opportunity to present their collections within the ‘Hub.
– Budapest Select: in the mentoring program of CNMI and the Hungarian Fashion & Design Agency, for the third time this year 5 Hungarian brands (ABODI, CUKOVY, ELYSIAN, JE SUIS BELLE, ZSIGMOND DORA MENSWEAR) will present their collections at Fashion Hub. On February 21 at 12:30, a collective parade will present the most refined pieces of the Hungarian designers’ A/W 20/21 collection.
belonging to a new generation of designers who embodies the important identity of African fashion, recognized for its fervent creativity, craftsmanship, attention to sustainability and commitment to concrete ethical projects: GOZEL GREEN; OMER ASIM; STUDI
– Africa now, a selection of five young African brands, O 189; THEBE MAGUGU and MAISON ARTC
– The creations of the last two designers are the protagonists of the fashion film “Inspired by night”, directed by The Blink Fish and shot in Fidenza Village, one of the eleven villages of the Bicester Village Shopping Collection. The movie is a partnerships with The Bicester Village Shopping Collection®, which, on its 25th anniversary, renews its long-term support for emerging talents from the world of fashion. The continuous commitment of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection aims to help the rising stars of fashion to develop their creative and commercial potential and takes the form of tailored mentoring programs. The fashion movie can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/InspiredByNight_TheBicesterVillage
One of priorities of the National Chamber of Fashion is sustainability: the design of the Fashion Hub has been made through the reuse of set-up structures, supports for fashion shows and previous exhibitions. The structures are all in steel, partially recovered from the structures of the previous Fashion Hub, the carpet is in 100% recycled material and the colors are all water. CNMI will avoid the use of plastic during events and at its own locations, making press accreditations and digital buyers through QR-Code and printing all materials with 100% recycled paper. Three other events will take place in the Fashion Hub: on Friday 21 February the celebratory cocktail of “Digital Creatives of Color in Italy, Elevating The Conversation” by Tamu McPherson, founder of All The Pretty Birds, the journalist Jordan Anderson and the Digital Strategist Tia Taylor. On 23 February there will be an award cocktail organized by CNMI and Camera Buyer Italia while on 24 February the Fashion Hub and Emerging Designers Market Day will take place organized in collaboration with the Camera Moda Fashion Trust. The event will close the Milan Fashion Week and will allow young Italian, African, Chinese and Hungarian designers present at the Fashion Hub, together with a selection of young brands supported by CNMI in recent seasons, to present their collections for a day of special pre-orders dedicated to a selected audience.